Our current vacancies
If you would like to join an entrepreneurial, specialist PR consultancy where you get to work for the leading law firms across legal PR, reputation management and litigation PR, then you should consider Byfield as a market leader in our field.
You don’t require previous PR experience for this role but experience in a corporate or professional services environment would be an advantage. Attention to detail and excellent writing skills are also high on our selection criteria.
Account Assistants are responsible for providing the team with administrative support.
- Administrative support on seven / eight accounts
- Supports the account team, including Account Managers and Account Directors
- General research for new business opportunities/pitches
- Clear and effective communicator with the ability to quickly build strong relationships
- Good understanding of business to business sales process
- Relevant degree or equivalent professional qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills
- Self-motivation and ability to organise own time effectively
- Understanding of social media channel management desirable
We are looking for an Associate Director to join our growing team. This person will lead our services to US law firms looking to expand their presence in the UK and European markets – both existing and new clients – and will have a network of contacts across the Americas with whom you can develop relationships to drive new business. This a newly created role and has been developed specifically in the wake of Brexit as new trade deals are being negotiated between the US and the UK – the two most important legal centres in the world.
We are looking for the following:
- A legal PR specialist with an extensive experience of working in legal PR in the Americas, preferably for both law firms and agency side
- An intimate understanding of the US legal market and its transatlantic relationship with the UK legal sector
- Established relationships with US lawyers, marketing teams and legal sector based media
- A team leader with extensive experience of managing teams and business processes
- Proven experience of developing and winning new business form US based law firms
- A practised account handler who can lead accounts and be a strategic counsellor to clients
- A knowledgeable, legal PR expert who understands the challenges and opportunities for legal sector based businesses, as well as knowing the industry and consumer markets those businesses are targeting
Desired skills and experience
- Extensive in a PR role, preferably in-house and agency
- Experience of working in the US
- Significant experience in legal PR and reputation management
- Strong media relations and social media skills
- Excellent verbal and written capabilities
- A network of contacts across the Americas
- Superb journalist contacts
- Collegiate team player
We offer a rewarding incentive package which includes: 25 days holiday per annum (not including bank holidays), pension, private healthcare and a performance related bonus.
Closing date: Thursday 12 October 2017
To apply for job opportunities, please submit your CV and cover letter to our Senior HR Manager, Lorraine Gilbert, explaining why you would be suitable for the role.
Telephone: 020 7092 3983